Masons Lay Corner Stone for Temple at Boulder City – From The Union Pacific Magazine June 1932

bclodege cornerstone

Transcription follows:

Masons Lay Corner Stone for Temple at Boulder City

April 23 was a gala day for Masons at Boulder City, Nevada, when the cornerstone for the Masonic lodge was laid by grand officers atop the hill on the east side of town.

In the evening at 8 o’clock public installation of the lodge and its officers took place in the Six Companies’ mess hall. The local Masons were honored by the presence of Scott E. Jameson, grand master of the grand lodge of Masons for Nevada, and George Schwartz of Elko, grand junior warden, as well as many Masons from California, Utah, Arizona and other parts of the state of Nevada.

Preceding the installation ceremonies at eight o’clock, the lodge met at the courtroom in the municipal building, adjourning from there immediately to the messhall, where the ceremony proceeded.

Visiting Masons during the morning enjoyed a trip to the dam site as guests of the Bureau of Reclamation, Chief Ranger Claude Williams escorting them over the project.

At noon the party gathered for luncheon at the messhall, the cornerstone laying ceremony following lunch, at 2:30.

Officers installed included: Dr. Wales Haas, worshipful master; Ernest Stokes, senior warden; H. O. Wales, junior warden; J. L. Finney, secretary; Bob Middaugh, treasurer; R. Brown, junior deacon; R. L. Skinner, senior deacon, and J. Bailey, tyler.

Worshipful Master Haas was host at a dinner given the grand officers at six p.m. at the Hotel Apache in Las Vegas.

The lodge” home” on the top of “Masonic hill” will be built by the Masons themselves, and pushed to completion at the earliest possible date.

Right, Master Masons laying corner stone for new temple at Boulder City; Scott E. Jameson, grand master, grand lodge of Nevada, officiating.

At the cornerstone laying, Worshipful Master Jameson presided, with E. H. Beemer making the oration.

There was a Bible presented to the Boulder City Masons that was once used by the Valley lodge of Masons, chartered in 1865, at Silver City. It was presented by Amity lodge at Silver City.

The altar and stations to be installed in the building upon completion, have all been made by Masons of Boulder City.

Left, visiting Masons at Boulder City inspecting Hoover dam site as guests of the Bureau of Reclamation.

Among the visiting members of the Masonic lodge and their ladies were: H. R.
Amens, grand senior warden, Mrs. Amens, and C. W. Torrence ofEly; Ralph Wardle and wife, Austin Wardle and wife, James Currey and William Somerville, of Tonopah; W. Martin, Carl Scannell, George Senter, George Jeffs, L. W. Harton, Hans Olson Sr., Charles Patterson, James Patterson, W. W. Smith, Caliente; Arthur Wood, Provo; Charles Thompson, R. R. Orr and Jay Christian, Pioche. The photographs were supplied by L. W. Harton of the Union Pacific at
Caliente.

Click bclodege cornerstone to download the PDF.